Cathay Pacific is hiring multiple permanent positions for part time Passenger Service Officers. The opening closes on January 8th so get your applications in right away! These are great customer service jobs in a fast paced environment.
Passenger Service Officers Description
Job Title: Passenger Service Officers – Part -Time
- Location: Terminal 3, London Heathrow Airport
- Salary: Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
- Closes: 17.30 hours on Friday 8 January 2016
- To Apply: [jobsearchlink q=”passenger service” text=”View Open Positions”]
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with strong operational and customer service experience to join our Airport Operations team on a permanent part- time basis.
Successful candidates will be responsible for providing customer service to both internal and external customers by ensuring the efficient, timely and safely servicing of aircraft arrivals and departures in accordance with company requirements and standards.
The role of the Passenger Service Officer will include (but is not limited to):
- Ensure safety standards and good working practices are adhered to at all times
- Ensure the safe departure and arrival of all daily flights with On Time Performance
- Perform check-in, transfers, departure and arrival duties in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Perform ambassador role to ensure the smooth flow of check-in with the promotion of self-service check-in usage
- Adopt the Service Straight from the Heart philosophy and customer service campaign
- Provide care and assistance to passengers with special requirements, unaccompanied minors and wheelchair requests
- Perform specialised pre-flight and flight management tasks, including catering, pre-seating, upgrading/downgrading and monitoring flights during check-in
- Perform specialised gate coordinator tasks at the departure gate when required
- Liaise with the Flight Crew and Cabin Crew when required, plus internal departments including Engineering, Cabin Crew Base, Customer Sales and Customer Relations
- Liaise with external parties that include the ramp, catering, cleaners, security, handling agents and other international airlines
- Perform post flight duties, including passenger ticket reconciliation, calculation of passenger duty tax and monitoring telexes
- Ensure understanding of irregular flight procedures and problem solving techniques
- Participate in local Emergency & Accident exercises, plans and projects when required
- The successful candidates will be educated to GCSE level or equivalent with Maths and English passed at Grade C. Strong PC skills are essential.
We are looking for team players that can show a history of flexibility, pro-activity and organisational skills. Applicants should have the ability to work under pressure with excellent time management and communication skills.
Working in a very busy, pressurised and challenging environment, candidates must be able to provide previous demonstrable face to face customer service experience within an airline or airport environment.
Delivering continuous and consistent service ‘Straight from the Heart’ is pre-requisite for all applicants for this role.
The ability to speak and/or write Cantonese, Mandarin or an Asian language would be advantageous. An excellent standard of English is also required.
Working airside and landside, candidates will be rostered to work flexible roster patterns, covering the operation with shifts that vary from 04:00 hours to 23:00 hours, 7 days per week.
[jobsearchlink q=”passenger service” text=”View Open Positions”]
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
[jobsearchlink q=”cathay” text=”Cathay Pacific”] values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.